I LOVE egg muffins. I mean, what is better than having mini omelets ready to eat every single morning? These little guys have broccoli and cheddar in them, but what’s also amazing is that you can mix in whatever you like! I sometimes use turkey sausage or chorizo, a mixture of veggies (bell peppers and asparagus, to name a few) and different cheeses. Whatever I have in my fridge, basically. These little guys are Broccoli Cheese Egg Muffins, and they’re freaking good.
Broccoli Cheese Egg Muffins
And, you can use milk or plain Greek yogurt, depending on what you have and depending on which texture you prefer (hint: I LOVE the texture Greek yogurt provides). Plus, the Greek yogurt provides extra protein which is a fabulous way to start the day!
The other fun thing about these little babes is they are actually an original recipe in my cookbook! It’s filled with fun, simple and absolutely scrumptious recipes that are DASH diet-friendly. Meaning they are made with real, nutritious ingredients and loaded with herbs, spices and ingredients that make food taste AMAZING, while being responsible with how much salt we add.
Breakfast is served!
In this recipe for Broccoli Cheese Egg Muffins, I give a range of how much salt to add, that way you can decide what is right for you and your wants/needs. I also included ingredients like dry mustard, onion powder and garlic powder to give the egg mixture so much deliciousness. I am ALWAYS a fan of adding spices and herbs to recipes because, well, they’re delicious!
Plus, there’s veggies AND cheese AND they’re super high in protein. Win after win after win!
Breakfast. Is. Served.Print
Broccoli Cheese Egg Muffins
Mini egg omelets baked in a muffin tin with broccoli, cheddar and delicious spices.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 45 min
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small head broccoli, chopped into bite-size florets
- 8 large eggs
- Â¼ cup milk or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Â¼–Â¾ tsp. coarse salt
- Â½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Â½ tsp. dried mustard powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add broccoli and saute 4-5 minutes, until soft.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, black pepper and mustard powder. Fold in the sautÃ©ed broccoli and half of the cheddar cheese.
- Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Evenly distribute the egg mixture into each cup. Sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese. Bake 18-22 minutes, until eggs are set.
- Let the muffins slightly cool before removing from the tin.
- Place the egg muffins in microwaveable airtight containers and refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
- Roasted or sautÃ©ed asparagus, bell peppers or mushrooms can be substituted for the broccoli.
- Serving Size: 3 muffins
- Calories: 316
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 496
- Fat: 23
- Saturated Fat: 11
- Unsaturated Fat: 12
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 21
- Cholesterol: 447
Keywords: egg, eggs, breakfast, brunch, egg muffins, broccoli, cheese, cheddar