Low-Carb Baked Eggs with Avocado and Feta are a delicious quick breakfast option for avocado fans, and did you know Feta Cheese is super low in carbs? Use Breakfast Recipes to find more recipes like this one.
Click here to PIN Low-Carb Baked Eggs with Avocado and Feta!
A few years ago I became infatuated with the idea of baking eggs in individual serving dishes, and I really enjoyed Baked Eggs with Mushrooms and Parmesan and Baked Eggs with Asparagus and Parmesan, so if the idea of avocado baked with eggs and Feta doesn’t appeal to you, you might like one of those earlier ones. But we absolutely loved these Low-Carb Baked Eggs with Avocado and Feta when we tested the recipe!
We just ate the eggs and avocado like you see it, which would be perfect if you’re wanting this for a low-carb meal. This is a quick breakfast that can be on the table in about 30 minutes, but you do need to take time to heat the dishes while the eggs and avocado come to room temperature if you want those perfectly cooked but still soft eggs like you see in these photos. And if you don’t have little gratin dishes like this that can go in the oven, just use a casserole dish and cook it all together, which might need one or two minutes longer to cook.
I’m going to add this to my earlier round-up of The BEST Low-Carb Breakfasts with Avocado, so if you’re an avocado fan you might like some of those ideas as well! And if you don’t care if this breakfast is low in carbs, some whole wheat toast dipped into the eggs would definitely be good.
How to Make Low-Carb Baked Eggs with Avocado and Feta:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe.)
- Break each egg into an individual ramekin and let eggs and avocados come to room temperature for 15 minutes while you heat the gratin dishes (or a large casserole dish) in a preheated 400F/200C oven.
- After 15 minutes, peel the avocado and cut each half into six slices.
- Spray gratin dishes with non-stick spray and arrange avocados in each dish.
- VERY CAREFULLY tip eggs into each dish on top of the avocado, then sprinkle with crumbled Feta cheese.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or less, until whites are set and yolks are done to your liking.
Serve hot. This is good with Green Tabasco Sauce (affiliate link) to add at the table.
More Amazing Ideas with Baked Eggs:
Baked Eggs Skillet with Avocado and Spicy Tomatoes ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Baked Eggs with Creamed Spinach ~ Taste and Tell
Tuscan Baked Eggs with Tomatoes, Red Onion, Garlic, and Parmesan ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Herbed Baked Eggs ~ Fifteen Spatulas
Low-Carb Baked Eggs in Canadian Bacon Cups ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Baked Egg Tomato Bacon Cups ~ Reluctant Entertainer
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado
- olive oil or non-stick spray for gratin dishes
- 2 T crumbled Feta Cheese (see notes)
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- Break eggs into individual ramekins and let the eggs and avocado come to room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Set the oven to 400F/200C, then put the gratin dishes on a baking sheet and heat them in the oven for 10 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, peel the avocado and cut each half into 6 slices.
- Remove gratin dishes from the oven and spray with olive oil or non-stick spray.
- Arrange the sliced avocados in each dish and VERY CAREFULLY tip two eggs into each dish.
- Sprinkle with crumbled Feta and season to taste with salt and fresh-ground black pepper. (Remember that Feta is salty; we didnâ€™t use much salt.)
- Bake 12-15 minutes or less, until the whites are set and the egg yolks are done to your liking.
- Serve hot This is great withÂ Green Tabasco SauceÂ to add at the table.
- It can be served with whole wheat toast for a low-glycemic breakfast if you donâ€™t mind having a few more carbs.
Feta Cheese is one of the lowest carb cheeses you can find, so use even more Feta if you prefer!
This recipe created by Kalyn andÂ JakeÂ and inspired byÂ Baked Eggs with Mushrooms and ParmesanÂ andÂ Baked Eggs with Asparagus and Parmesan.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 391 Total Fat: 33g Saturated Fat: 8g Unsaturated Fat: 23g Cholesterol: 380mg Sodium: 526mg Carbohydrates: 9.5g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 1g Protein: 16g
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
If you eat the Low-Carb Baked Eggs with Avocado and Feta without toast like we did, it’s a perfect low-carb, Keto, or South Beach Diet Phase One breakfast that’s really a treat. With whole wheat toast this is still a low-glycemic breakfast, suitable for Phase Two of the South Beach Diet.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. Or Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.