This potato salad recipe is a family tradition. It’s kinda like potato salad and egg salad had a baby. There’s something so special about it that you will immediately fall in love with it. And it’s SO simple!
I’ve been eating this for my whole life. It is one of my top five favorite foods of all time. But I have recently converted my mom’s classic dish into a pressure cooker potato salad recipe. It’s so simple and fool-proof. Just two steps in your Instant Pot and a little bit of mixing. And that’s it!
So What’s So Special About This?
Why would anyone use a pressure cooker to cook potato salad? It’s simple. To take out the guess work. Nobody likes overcooked or raw potatoes. And this method will prevent both of those. And trust me… This is the easiest way in the whole world to boil a perfect egg. An egg that’s so easy to peel, you’ll find ways to use more boiled eggs!
There are a couple things I dislike about most potato salad recipes. I absolutely want zero crunch. That means no celery (which I can deal with, if need be). But please. For the love of all things delicious. No raw onions! There’s only a few places in this world for raw onions – on a burger and in the trash. And oh yeah, do we really need to taste the mustard? Isn’t it just there to add some color.
How Many Eggs? Is That a Typo?
I must admit… when I first asked my mom how many eggs go into this dish – I was shocked. I mean, literally had her repeat it 2 or 3 times. But you know what? I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Hear me now, believe me later… It is the difference maker! It’s almost like potato salad and egg salad had a baby. And this is the amazing result!
What are Sweet Salad Cubes?
Mt. Olive Sweet Salad Cubes are a sweet and tangy blend of pickled cucumbers and red bell peppers. Salad cubes are made with a larger cut than relish, giving them a crunchier texture. They are great for potato salads and deviled eggs!
And This is the AMAZING Result!
â˜… Did you make this Pressure Cooker Potato Salad? Please give it a star rating below! â˜…
Pressure Cooker Potato Salad
- 3 lbs. russet potatoes peeled, cut into 3/4 inch chunks
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 12 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mayonaise
- 1/2 cup sweet salad cubes
- 1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika for garnish
- Add water and steamer basket to Instant Pot. Place potatoes and eggs in basket. Close lid and set manual time for 4 minutes at high pressure. Once cook time is complete, quick-release pressure. Place eggs in an ice bath to cool. Pour potatoes into a colander and allow them to drain completely.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl - combine mayonaise, pickles, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Remove shells from eggs and roughly chop using an egg slicer (or knife if you don't have one). Then add eggs to mixing bowl and mix well.
- Once potatoes are slightly cool, add them to mixing bowl and gently mix until well combined.
- Transfer to serving dish and garnish with paprika. Chill for at least 2 hours - preferably overnight.
- Serve and enjoy!
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. TO FIND OUT MORE VISIT OUR DISCLOSURE PAGE.