This dish may look straight out of a restaurant, but my Salmon in Creamy Mushroom Sauce can easily be made at home in less than 30 minutes.Â It’s a real timesaver when I need to make something quick but still full of flavor, and when you make it as many times and I have, you’ll remember this recipe by heart!
There are a few reasons why this Salmon in Creamy Mushroom Sauce is so good.
First, this dish is a healthy choice.Â It’s a high protein, low-carb, and gluten-free dinner option, and you get a serving of Omega-3Â Fatty Acids from the salmon.Â Omega-3 fats are essential to include in your diet since your body can’t make them on their own.Â Plus, salmon helps to reduce inflammation, lower blood pressure, and can help reduce the risk of cancer.Â Those are pretty good reasons to love this dish!
My favorite reason is that this recipe is so easy to make.Â You start by lightly seasoning salmon filets, and it doesn’t get more simple than salt and pepper.Â Then you just pan-fry the salmon.Â Remember, the trick is to always start with the skin side down.
Then you make the creamy mushroom sauce, which is exactly what makes this dish so tasty.Â It’s so good, you wouldn’t believe the simplicity of the ingredients.Â This sauce builds up flavor starting from the garlic, and then progresses on to mushrooms in melted butter, a combo that always ends up good.Â But the good only gets better because the sauce get thickened up with gluten-free flour, and then simmered in some milk to achieve that creaminess.Â Finish seasoning the sauce and then add some chopped parsley and you’d be surprised at how you made this so quickly!
- 2 salmon fillets (6-8oz)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 6-8 whole garlic cloves
- ½ tbsp. gluten free flour
- 2 tbsp. butter (use coconut milk only for whole30)
- ½ cup of milk (swap to coconut milk for whole30)
- 3 tbsp. avocado oil
- ½ tbsp. salt
- ½ tbsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 oz chopped flat leaf parsley
- Season salmon with ¼ tbsp. salt and ¼ tbsp. black pepper.
- In large non-stick pan heat 1½ tbsp. avocado oil to medium and cook salmon skin side down first. Cook for 4-5 minutes and flip cooking for another 4 minutes or until fully cooked. Remove from heat and cool.
- In another large non-stick pan heat remaining avocado oil to medium heat low and add whole garlic cloves. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the garlic has a light golden brown color and then increase the heat to medium and add mushrooms. Cook the mushrooms for 3-4 minutes stirring gently and then add butter. Once butter melts add flour and mix in until dissolved. Pour in milk and bring heat down to a simmer. Season sauce with remaining salt, pepper and garlic powder. Let simmer for 3-4 minutes and add chopped parsley last 2 minutes.
- Serve over salmon.