OK so IÂ might have a new favorite version of my go-to caffeinated morning beverage, the spiced chai tea latte.Â Introducing the BEST way to start your day, the ginger turmeric chai tea latte!
Have you ever had golden milk? If not, it’s a thing. A health boosting kind of thing that involves your favorite milk and copious amounts of turmeric powder, giving it it’s golden hue. I tweaked this idea from the straight milk situation to the fantastically delicious ginger turmeric chai tea latte.
I’m telling you, this combo was meant to be! Or at least it was in my book ðŸ˜Š. I prefer my chai tea lattes on the spicier side so this new twist with even more flavorÂ was right up my alley.
Seriously, you need this in your morning life.Â Start the day off right with a ginger turmeric chai tea latte!
Chai tea flavor with health boosting, frothy golden milk. The perfect way to start your morning!
- 1Â batchÂ homemade chai tea, strained and warmed
- 2 cups milkÂ (I used nonfat)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed (use 2 tablespoons if you like a spicer chai, and go up to a 1/3 of a cup if you like a sweeter chai)
- Heat milk, brown sugar, turmeric, and ginger powder in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Scald but do not boil.
- Stir chai tea batch into milk mixture. Using a handheld milk frother, immersion blender, standing blender*, or a whisk, blend until frothy. Let cool for 1 minute.
- Pour into favorite mug and top with a pinch of turmeric, ginger powder, and nutmeg. Serve immediately.
If using a standing blender, be sure to let the latte cool somewhat before blending. If itâ€™s still steaming hot, the pressure of the heat will blow the top right off of the blender when you press blend!