I know I’m always harping on about CBD but it’s because it has genuinely changed my life for the better. In this article, I want to address how CBD oil can help you improve your quality of sleep and I’ve also included a little Sleepy Time CBD Infused Tea recipe below that has a subtle lavender flavour and a serene blue colour to relax your mind. As I work as an affiliateÂ for Truth Naturals you can now grab a hefty Â£10 off your order with the code ‘GEORGINA10’ and as always if you need help picking the right CBD supplement for you just leave me a comment below and I’ll try my best to help you.
CBD Reduces Anxiety
Something that I can personally vouch for is the effect CBD has on my anxiety levels. I get really bad anxiety in social situations such as just doing the school run and interacting with other parents, so before I leave the house I always take 5 drops of liposomal CBD to get it into my system as fast as possible. It really has helped me not to experience any panic and to just seem like a regular human being to others ha!
Although CBD promotes an increase in energy and alertness during the day it can help to promote REM sleep. REM sleep is the deepest stage of sleep where you will be vividly dreaming but it’s also when your body does most of its rebuilding and your brain processes everything that it needs to.
I dose daily with capsules but take these 30 minutes before I go to bed. Stress can upset most things in our life from healing and building new cells in our body after working out to digesting our food and of course it can uproot our sleeping patterns. CBD helps to slow down those racing thoughts. As a child I was a terrible insomniac – not only would my thoughts be racing a mile a minute, so fast that I couldn’t even keep up with them, but I’d also experience a weird buzzing sensation in the back of my head and base of my skull. I never spoke to anyone about this as I felt like it made me sound crazy. When I got into my late teens I started to smoke weed and this buzzing finally dissipated. Unfortunately, non-medical cannabis is really damaging to mental health due to the imbalance in CBD and THC within it. So eventually I stopped smoking and these problems came back. The only thing that I found to help was exercising at least 3 hours a day, and quite intensively.
Having kids and an autoimmune disease made it really difficult to sustain. Now that I have been using CBD for about a year I’m finding that these problems are again mellowing out and I am a lot better at going to bed at a normal time. It’s not perfect but it’s certainly a lot better.
CBD Can Stabilise Sleeping Patterns
CBD stimulates the endocannabinoid system (ECS) within our bodies, which plays the very important role of controlling energy intake, nutrient transportation, metabolism storage, regulating your brain, organ, and musculoskeletal functions, and monitoring sleep patterns. To read more about the ECS click here.
Although CBD promotes an increase in energy and alertness during the day it can help to promote REM sleep. REM sleep is the deepest stage of sleep where you will be vividly dreaming but it’s also when your body does most of its rebuilding and your brain processes everything that it needs to. To gain these sorts of effects it does require regular dosing over a long period of time.
It’s important to look for a CBD Oil that isn’t just focussed around cannabidiol – hemp capsules that also contain a full range of the active phytocannabinoids give the potential to have a more synergistic effect in the body meaning that the compounds work together in equilibrium. This is why I love the Truth Naturals CBD Capsules – they come in 10mg and 25mg strengths and contain other phytocannabinoids such as CBG, CBN, CBC, and over 40 naturally-present terpenes. I find that they work within 30 minutes of ingestion but for some, it can take up to 2 hours to absorb. That’s why I’ve created a recipe below using liposomal CBD which can work within 5 to 20 minutes of taking. To find out more about dosagesÂ click here.Â
Sleepy Time CBD Infused Tea Recipe
I’ve created a super chill CBD drink that will help you relax and drift off into an eternal slumber… okay maybe it’s not that great but it will certainly help you. It has a predominantly chamomile and lavender flavour to it but it’s pretty subtle and very drinkable. This isn’t your regular cup of sleepy time tea – it’s full of amazing ingredients that each serve a certain purpose. You can omit the harder to find ingredients such as Butterfly Pea tea and blue spirulina can be replaced with regular spirulina if needed. Take a look below at the amazing health benefits below:
- Almond Milk –Â Almonds are rich in calcium, which helps the brain produce more melatonin. They’re also packed full of magnesium, which is important for sleep regulation. If you aren’t keen on almond milk then you can use your favourite kind of milk and add 1 tsp of magnesium citrate powder once your tea has been strained, before adding the milk.
- Butterfly Pea Tea –Â This caffeine-free colour changing tea has been found to help reduce stress, anxiety, and depression. A 2003 study found that butterfly pea extract may have an effect on the central nervous system of mice which can improve cognitive behaviour. The mice were found to have a reduction in the intensity of their behaviour creating a calm state.
- Chamomile Tea –Â Chamomile is a mild tranquilising herb that induces sleep. Its calming effects are thanks to the antioxidant apigenin. Apigenin binds to specific receptors in your brain, much like CBD, and this helps to decrease anxiety and initiate the sleep cycle.
- Lavender –Â Lavender works as an anxiety reliever by placing the body into a state of relaxation and calm, which obviously helps to induce sleep. It interacts positively with the neurotransmitter GABA which reduces nervous system activity, agitation, and restlessness.
- Blue Spirulina – Blue spirulina is a potent source of amino acids that help in the production of melatonin – the hormone that helps us sleep. It also contains vitamin B1, calcium, and iron.
- Raw Honey – When you sleep your brain uses a lot of energy from glycogen sugars stored within your liver. The additional sugar before bed can help your brain to function better. Raw honey is 22% better at making liver glycogen than processed honey. It’s important to note that this trick works better when consumed without protein but it should still help a little!
- Liposomal CBD – The star of the show has to be Truth Naturals CBD LiposomesÂ . They come in 100mg and 300mg bottles with just 5 drops containing 1.7mg and 5mg of CBD respectively, combined with MCT/Coconut oil. Each mg of liposomal CBD is 5-10 times stronger effectiveness meaning that it has the enhanced bioavailability equivalent of 25-50mg when using the 300mg strength giving you more bang for your buck. To get Â£10 off your order with Truth Naturals enter the code ‘GEORGINA10’ at the checkout.
Now you know what’s in it (and why it’s all in it) it’s time to get on with making this beautiful cuppa. It literally takes a couple of minutes to make and the rest is all brewing time. So what are you waiting for?! Get cracking!
Looking forÂ more mouthwateringÂ CBD treats? Why notÂ try myÂ Raw Vegan After Dinner MintsÂ or Blueberry CBD Power Balls. Oh, and toÂ keep up to date with my deliciousness thenÂ sign up for my newsletterÂ and Iâ€™ll love you forever.
- 250ml freshly boiled water
- 1 tbsp Butterfly Pea flowers or 1 tsp butterfly tea powder (a.k.a. blue matcha)
- 1 tbsp chamomile flowers or 1 chamomile tea bag
- 1 tsp dried lavender flowers
- 2 tsp raw honey (sub with another sweetener if vegan)
- 5-10 drops Truth Naturals CBD Liposomes or 25-50mg Oil Tincture
- 250ml almond milk
- ¼ tsp blue spirulina
- Place your Butterfly Pea, chamomile, and dried lavender flowers into a small teapot and pour over your freshly boiled water. Leave to brew for 5 minutes.
- Strain and divide your tea between two large 350ml capacity heatproof glasses or mugs and stir 1 tsp of raw honey into each followed by Truth Naturals CBD oil.
- Place your almond milk and blue spirulina into a milk frother and heat until frothy. Alternative place the milk and spirulina into a bullet style blender, blend then heat on the stove on low and froth with a handheld milk frother. Divide the milk equally between both glasses and enjoy.
DISCLAIMER:Â Please note that this is NOT a sponsored post. I am aÂ Truth NaturalsÂ affiliate and was sent some wonderful CBD goodies to create delicious recipes with. All opinions are my own and 100% honest.Â If you buy anything from theÂ Truth Naturals website using any of the links contained with my post and use the discount code â€˜GEORGINA10â€™, it wonâ€™t cost you any extra, but I will get a small commission to help keep my blog up and running. If youâ€™d like to know more, feel free toÂ contact me.