I’m a lover of Pinterest and lately there have been a ton of recipes using turmeric. Turmeric is something I love and use on a regular basis in my recipes, but never in drinks. A friend of mine recently recommended I make ‘Golden milk’ tea, which aids in reducing inflammation. I have bad knees so I definitely wanted to give it a try.
That night I found multiple recipes for Golden Milk Tea (key ingredient is turmeric) and I came up with my own version. Since then I’ve been drinking this golden milk concoction multiple times a week before bed. It’s oh so good and actually helps me fall asleep. Â It’s the ultimate comfort drink.
What’s the “Golden Milk” Tea Hype all about anyway?!
- CURCUMIN: One of the most active ingredients in turmeric has been found to promote health and protect against a wide variety of health conditions, such as lowering inflammation, blood sugar levels and it is also said to have potent anti-cancer properties (destroying cancer cells and promoting healthy cell function).
- THE TASTE: The flavour isÂ absolutely delicious and is a healthy alternative to hot chocolate or caffeine
- MANY OTHER HEALTHY BENEFITS:Â Golden Milk Turmeric Tea reduces bad cholesterol, eases symptoms of cough and colds, detoxes the body, protects liver tissue, plus helps with pain and arthritis.
Makes 1 serving
- 1 cup coconut milk (almond and cashew nut milk also works great)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Pinch of black pepper (helps your body absorb the curcumin)
- 1 tsp maple syrup or honey
Get your spices ready. I like to put them all on a small dish at once before combining with the coconut milk.
Put all ingredients in a pot and simmer on medium-low for 10 minutes until spices are combined with milk.
Pour into your favourite mug. Sprinkle a little more cinnamon on top if you wish.
Find a cozy place. Sit back and enjoy ðŸ™‚
You May Also Like:Â
The Health Benefits of Black Tea and How to Make the Perfect Cup
12 Healthy Recipes You’ll Want to Eat Over and Over
25 Healthy Snack Combinations to Curb Your Hunger
Like What You See? Please Share…Learn the health benefits of golden milk tea + try the recipe today! #turmeric #healthyliving #healthylifestyle #cleaneating Click To Tweet