Back when I was young I remember visiting my friend in South Carolina and she introduced me to my first glass of sweet tea!
Well actually she probably introduced me to my first gallon of sweet tea because after I drank that first glass I was HOOKED and several more glasses quickly followed!
I was young then and didn't realize that drinking gallons of sweet tea was bad for my body.
So I stopped drinking it… as much! LOL
Then years later I moved to the south and everyplace you went, served sweet tea!
And no matter how hard I tried to NOT drink it but the truth is… I couldn't help myself!
And as I got older I eventually switched over to drinking the unsweet tea and adding packs of sweetener to it but it just wasn't the same!
Especially during those long hot summers! Nothing could quench your thirst quite the same as a big, tall glass of sweet tea!
So years later I started playing the recipe because in case you didn't know already I LOVE ketofying my favorite recipes!
And that's when I came up with my very own version of sugar free sweet tea!
Now don't let the sugar free part fool ya!
This low carb, sugar free sweet tea tastes so much like the real thing that my husband, who by the way HATES anything with made with “fake sugar”, couldn't even tell the difference!
Sign Up Below To Get Keto Recipes Delivered To Your Email Daily!
As a matter of fact, there's barely a day that goes by that you won't find a pitcher of “sweet tea” in my fridge because my husband loves it so much that I make it practically every day!
Now the secret to this recipe is that I use Luzianne Iced Tea Bags! You see, even though I was born and raised in Chicago, I moved to the south when I was in my early 20's and consider myself a southern.
If you heard my accent you would think I was a southern too!
And as all good southerns know that the ONLY way to make sweet tea is to use Luzianne!
Now another important step in making tea that taste like it was made in an old general store somewhere in Texas is to use the right sweetener!
I prefer Lakanto Granulated SweetenerÂ over any of the other sweeteners because it doesn't leave any type of aftertaste and it taste like real sugar!
>> Click Here To Save 15% Off Lakanto Granulated Sweetener – Use Coupon Code: KetoCoach <<<
I know some of you guys are stuck on stevia but let me warn you… you WILL NOT get the same sweet tea taste by using stevia!
It's simply not going to happen! So if you want to create a drink that your family will rave about… trust me when I say using Lakanto Granulated SweetenerÂ is the way to go!
And last but not least, the “secret” ingredient to making this tea is adding a tiny bit of baking soda!
And not just any baking soda, but Arm & Hammer Baking Soda!
I know this seems weird but adding baking soda cuts the bitterness in the tea and gives it a smooth, sweet taste!
Even before I started making this “sugar free” version of sweet tea, I ALWAYS added a pinch of baking soda to my tea!
I've tried making it both ways and trust me when I say once you see the difference adding a pinch of baking soda makes, you won't never want to make your tea without it again!
Now if you are really having a real crazy sugar craving then may I suggest that you have a glass of this tea along with some low carb cinnamon vanilla butter glazed pecans.
These pecans will instantly take care of your sweet tooth!
And if you're looking for something to just munch on then try serving this tea with our low carb keto cheese crackers and low carb spinach dip.Â
The cheese crackers and spinach dip make an excellent snack!
For more snack ideas check out these recipes:
– Low Carb Walnut Keto Fudge
– Low Carb Coconut Pecan Cheesecake Bars
– Low Carb Blueberry Keto Scones
– Low Carb Brown Sugar Peanut Butter Cookies
– Low Carb Old Fashioned Butter Cookies
– Low Carb Keto Cinnamon Vanilla Butter Glazed Pecans
Now the best part of making this tea is drinking it of course but the 2nd best part of this tea is how easy it is to make it!
1. Boil your filtered water in a large pot and while it's boiling add the tea bags and baking soda to a gallon sized pitcher.
2. Once the water is hot, pour the water over the tea and allow it to steep.
3. Once tea has steeped add your Lakanto Granulated Sweetener, more water then allow it to cool down before drinking.Â
That's it! Easy. Peasy!Â
- 1 Gallon Of Filtered Water
- 4 Bags Of Luzianne Iced Tea Bags
- 3/4 Cup Of Lakanto Granulated Sweetener
- 1/4 Teaspoon Of Baking Soda
- Heat half of your filtered water in a large pot until it comes to boil. While the water is boiling put your tea bags and baking soda into a gallon sized pitcher.Â
- Once water comes to a boil, add it to the pitcher with the tea bags and baking soda. Allow to steep for 5 - 10 minutes or until your tea is dark in color.
- Once your tea has steeped, remove the tea bags and stir in your Lakanto Granulated Sweetener . Make sure the sweetener is fully dissolved. Add the remaining water and stir well. Allow to chill or serve over ice. Enjoy!Â
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we earn money through qualifying purchases.
Brita Large 10 Cup Everyday Water Pitcher With Filter
Luzianne Iced Tea Bags
Lakanto Granulated Sweetener
Arm & Hammer Baking Soda
Gallon Sized Pitcher
Large Non-Stick Pot
Serving Size8 Ounces
Amount Per Serving Calories 4 Total Fat 0g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 31mg Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 0g Sugar 0g Protein 0g